Thursday, January 17, 2008

the Top 10 posters for 2007 movies

a poster is very crucial to attracting movie goers to watch the movie. a good poster is 23% to the movie success. as a avid movie poster collector myself, i am here to give my thoughts of my top 10 favourite posters of the past year. take a look. choose ur fav 1. (click to enlarge)

#1 Grindhouse
Tarantino posters are always a iconic, classic and snatch by poster collectors (Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill). The selling point of 2 movies for the price of 1 of the old B grade raw feature is fantastic. Love at first sight.









#2 Black Snake Moan

This poster is really cool and kickass, belongs to the same style as grindhouse. I love the whole rugged and gritty look, especially of Christian Ricci and Samuel Lee.








#3 Sweeney Todd
This does look like your normal Tim Burton fantasy style movie poster, but it kind of really reminds me of Edward Scissorshand and it really makes you want to watch the movie, dosen't it?








#4 300
The poster is as iconic as the poster, one word to describe, kickass.











#5 Paris Je Taime
I love the overall feel and concept of the poster, using iconic Paris tower to make it into a heart. Nice and sweet.










#6 Savages
This is a risk taking poster, simple, no big star photos, thats why i love it. Old school.










#7 The Kite Runner
The first time I saw this poster, I thought, damn, this is how my Final Year Project short film The Letters, should look like.










#8 Margot At The Wedding
Simple white and playing with typography. Another nice and simple concept.










#9 The Darjeeling Limited
If you think the poster looks good, the movie looks even better.











#10 3:10 to Yuma
Gritty cowboy Texas look, woohoo.

No comments: